It’s the end of the year. 2010 is upon us, so it’s time for best of, and worst of, lists to flood the Internet.
I give you the Days Pub’s 2009 Top 5 Worst Moments:
5. John and Marlena exiting. It seems to have worked out for the best as the show has improved in ratings since they left, but it was still quite a shock to everyone. The power couple were show staples for a long time.
4. Chelsea and Daniel. Eww. I still want to shower when I think about that pairing. Not only were they all wrong for each other, they had no chemistry together as actors. And not to mention how Chelsea broke Nick’s heart during it all.
3. Tony DiMera’s death. We all know death means nothing on Soaps, but it just always seems like the producers and writers never knew how to treat Thaao Penghlis. He has clearly been one of the show’s best actors for years, but they ditch him once again.
2. Arianna is recast. I know some people love Lindsay Hartley, but I do not. I didn’t like her on “Passions” and I surely don’t like her on Days. Adding her to the cast became ridiculous considering the other two former “Passions” actors that are on the show. And I really liked the actress who originated the role. She was far more convincing as a woman with a sketchy past who is now trying to do the right thing. Hartley is just Theresa from “Passions.” Always will be. Sorry.
1. Hope. What is her fucking problem? Seriously. She’s such a bitch now. And I think what is most disturbing is that it’s almost out of character. She has no substance any more. It’s impossible to feel sorry for her. I think it’s time to either stop making her this character that’s all over the place, or write her out.
The Top 5 Best Days moments:
5. Stefano marries Kate. I can’t believe it took this long to get these two evil individuals as one sadistic super couple. At first it was a stretch for Kate to marry someone who tried to kill her son, but now it seems as if she’s realized Stefano is who she belongs with.
4. Nicole. From her heartbreaking miscarriage to her kidnapping, it has been a banner year for the character. But we’re celebrating the actress in this list. She has done phenomenal work this year. Here’s to hoping she’s not snubbed by Emmy once again this year.
3. Tamara Braun wins the Emmy. Ava hasn’t been on since 2008, but it was this year that Miss Braun walked away with one of the first acting Emmys for the show in over 20 years. She’s an amazing actress and I can only hope she finds her way back to Salem some day.
2. Brady’s Ass. Seriously, have you seen it? Look at it next time. You’ll understand.
1. Vivian and Carly’s return. They’re kind of a package deal at this point. Days was lucky to get soap superstar Crystal Chappell back. And of course, it was lucky that someone there is smart enough to FINALLY bring back arguably the show’s most popular character ever, Vivian. Both women are stellar actresses and if anyone can save the show, it’s those two. Ratings continue to grow and I think these two are at least partly responsible.